For many years of my life, I have done lots of research, try different methods and in the end, travel to different places to find the secret on how to remove blackheads effectively. LOL, I’m joking.
But one thing for sure is that I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT METHODS! Yes, I am… From using natural ingredients until different products that I do not know what the ingredients are. And the secret on how to remove blackheads effectively turns out is super easy and you can do it in the comfort of your own couch.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a commission when you buy through my link (at no additional cost to you). I only promote products I personally love or from companies I trust. Read our full Disclosure Policy.
WARNING: Kinda gross but satisfying video will be shown
So let’s have a brief explanation of what are blackheads. As you know, blackheads are mostly found in every women’s nose including me.
Healthline said that blackheads are small bumps that appear on your skin due to clogged hair follicles. These bumps are called blackheads because the surface looks dark or black. Blackheads are a mild type of acne that usually form on the face, but they can also appear on the body parts such as back, chest, neck, arms, shoulders.
Now, I’m not going to talk about how to remove blackheads from your body parts. I’ll tell you the exact method to remove blackheads from your faces such as on T-zone, nose, and chin. This, by far is the best method that I used and I’m super excited to tell you about this!
What you need to have are a pore strip and some baking soda powder. If you don’t know what type of pore strip to use, you can check these strips:
Personally, I’ve tried a lot of strips from many different brands but the one that I recommended until now is Biore. The brand has a very good adhesive glue to remove all blackheads. Please remember, this isn’t a sponsored post, I only promoted this based on my personal experience. Honestly, I only want to share what’s work for me and maybe it could work for you too!
Now, I’m going to share information on how I found this method. I was browsing on YouTube and I found this video from Michelle Kanemitsu.
I thought this method won’t work for me like others and since I’m already desperate so I decided to try it. But before that, I want to share some tips you need to know before doing this:
Tip #1 Don’t use a lot of baking soda
Now, you maybe have the same thought as me. Since I hate my blackheads a lot, I decided to put a lot of baking soda powder and I did not know that baking soda has an abrasive effect on the skin. Because I put lots of it on my skin, it makes my skin red and irritated. So, If you have a sensitive skin then you need to be careful on this. Just put enough amount to rub the blackheads’ area.
Tip #2 Don’t use liquid blackheads remover products
This won’t work. Trust me. I’ve tried several Korean blackheads remover products with this method but nothing happened. I don’t know why but it just doesn’t work well together. Use only strips either from Biore or from other brands because that’s going to work out well with this method.
Tip #3 Cut a strip in a half and you can use each for T-zone and chin area
I use this trick when I’m running out of the strip for the chin. After doing it couple times, I just decided to do this instead to saves money rather than buying special strips for the chin. Just remember don’t break the line on the strip so you can remove the strip from the plastic easily.
Tip #4 Put a moisturizer
You’ll need to apply this every time you finish the method. Applying baking soda powder directly to your skin will make your skin dry and rough. So, I suggest applying a little bit of moisturizer to help relieve the dryness.
Tip #5 Only do this once per two weeks or a month
You know when I said this, meaning that something has happened to me and I want to warn you. Yep! That’s true! When I realized that this method is worked for me, I do this almost every week and it makes my skin super rough especially on the nose and cheek area. It’s better to use this method once per two weeks or a month if you want to keep your skin smooth.
These tips are based on my own experience and what I can tell you before you try this method. I know that every person has different skin type but if you have a sensitive skin please remember to try this method in a small batch of your faces such as chin or T-zone and see if it really works or not. Just to prevent you from becoming Rudolf, The red nose reindeer! 😆
Now move on to the removing it. Here’s the method that you can print out and share it with other people if you want to:
How to Remove Blackheads EffectivelyPrint This
- 1 face towel or small towel will do
- 1 pore strip for nose
- 1 pore strip cut in half for the chin and between eyebrow
- some baking soda powder
- any face wash based on your preference
- any moisturizer based on your preference
To remove the blackheads effectively, it’s better to do it on a clean face. You need to wash your face when you have a full makeup on but if you already have a clean face then you can straight do this:
- Wet your face especially the area such as t-zone, nose, and chin with warm water to open up the pores.
- Pour some baking soda powder onto your hand and mix it with a little bit of water until it becomes a paste and then put the paste onto your t-zone, nose, and chin by doing a slow and soft massage same as when you’re doing a scrub.
- After massaging for couple minutes, wash the paste’s excess with warm water until clean and do not wipe your face with a towel instead you need to dry your hand.
- Take the strips and put it between your eyebrow (t-zone), nose, and chin. Wait for 15 minutes for the strips to dry and hard then you can remove it upwards so the blackheads will be removed effectively.
- After that, you need to wash your face again to remove excess from the strips and then wipe dry your face to put on some moisturizer.
- And you’re done! Now it’s time to be amazed at how much blackheads captured by the strips. I always do this everytime I finished 😆
Using warm water is a must so the pores will open up. For the pore strips to be effectively stuck, you need to wet your face and always dry your hand before putting the strips on your face so it'll stick well.
I highly recommend you to try it if you have lots of stubborn blackheads! What do you think about this post or have you tried this method before?
Check out my other post in Beauty and Style category:
- 12 Genius Makeup Hacks You’d Wish You’d Known Sooner
- 12 Easy Hairdo for Those Lazy Days
- 11 DIY Nail Art Ideas You Need to Try This Spring
- 12 Super Easy and Beautiful DIY Jewelry Tray You Can Try Now